KURT A. MEYER, SPHR®
Kurt brings extensive experience with human resource systems and multi-plant and multi-facility management to his role as Managing Consultant with Best Workplace Solutions. A results-oriented professional with a strong background in organizational development, safety, and health, he has a history of successfully aligning people strategies with company growth and profitability strategies. Clients benefit from Kurt’s approach to assisting in the development of a strategic vision for their organization, and identifying the people, systems, and strategies needed to align HR systems with business growth plans.
AMONG HIS AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Organizational development systems
- Strategic hiring, promotion, transition, and retirement planning
- Talent retention strategies
- Recruitment branding
- Safety strategy design and implementation
- Wage and salary plan design and administration
- Performance management system design and administration
- Consistent, defensible corrective discipline systems (union and non-union)
- Internal college design and development
- Career path and succession planning
- Senior level talent acquisition
- Risk insurance sourcing and cost containment
- Benefits plan design and cost containment
Kurt is well-versed in labor & employment law and employee relations. He guides clients through establishing and navigating strategic safety planning and loss control, as well as risk management, including broker relationships and the evaluation and selection of cost effective business insurance.
Prior to joining Best Workplace Solutions, Kurt spent his career managing and directing human resources strategies and activities for several companies with significant operations in the manufacturing, construction, and service industries.
- Society for Human Resource Management – certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources
- Extended DiSC Certification, 2016
HONORS & RECOGNITION
- International ATD “BEST® Award” winner for enterprise-wide talent development systems in 2014, 2016 and 2017. Company finished in 6th and 20th place internationally respectively, in 2016 and 2017
- International ATD “Excellence in Practice” Award winner in 2015 for DiSC application in talent development
- Wisconsin Corporate Safety Award winner in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016. Finalist in 2011, 2013, and 2015
- Loaned Executive, United Way of Washington County
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Collective Bargaining Techniques and Concepts
- Advanced Collective Bargaining Practices
- Lean, Kaizen and One-Piece Flow
- Principles of 5S/6S
- World Class Manufacturing (Lean)
JERRY L. PETTIGREW
e-Learning & LMS Consultant, Best Workplace Solutions
T. 262.956.6528 | Email Jerry
Jerry is an e-Learning & LMS Consultant with Best Workplace Solutions who has more than a decade of experience mentoring, teaching, and coaching business partners. He has extensive experience developing in-person and e-Learning curricula and materials, providing training programs, and presenting on effective learning management solutions (LMS) administration.
Prior to joining Michael Best, Jerry served in several leadership roles where he coached trainers and managed employee onboarding, talent development, and upskilling. Jerry has created e-Learning courses for in-person and webinar platforms and facilitated the development of leadership courses. He has also developed scripts, infographics, and step-by-step in-system programming to advise business partners on training solutions.